You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Brotherhood of Aggony. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 2:03am

A fellow brother, making a leap of faith.

Steam username: Groth

Steam ID page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/grothxnp/

How old are you? 30

Where do you hail from? Canada

Preferred funds/ unit size: Large (ESL settings)

Why do you want to join us?

I come from the competitive scene in Clash of Clans. I lead the top fairplay (non-cheating) clan and also created a competitive association of over 50 clans and 3000 members called the DWA. I ran monthly events/tourneys, did the website, social media, and handled all the drama and politics involved. The game cannot progress competitively anymore due to what the rampant cheating in the game has done, and the community is quite toxic.

So I have decided to move on from Clash (DWA and my clan are all setup and good to go without me, I spent quite awhile ensuring that before leaving) and focus on TWW as my new home to satisfy my thirst for a competitive strategy game. With the ESL announcement I did consider creating something similar with TWW; however; I'm getting old lol (I'm 30) and have 2 kids so I just don't have the time like I did before. Also i know the TW community has been around along time so its not quite the same as a brand new game. I am looking more to help/be around others who are in the competitive scene and want to see it progress and grow just like I do - clan and/or community.

Being brand new to the TW series - daily I read the forums, watch youtube, and research the TW competitive scene and have ran into Aggony more then once. So naturally I became interested, but what really has made me feel the need to approach you guys is the sense of brotherhood or family that you seem to have at such a highly competitive level. This quality was something I put a lot of emphasis and pride with in my previous clan and association within clash of clans which makes me hope I would fit in here well.

I have a lot of experience that I feel could be put to good use, and if not that's fine too! Would just love to be apart of the family you guys have here. I still have a lot to learn game play wise, but am a quick learner and will be participating in all tourneys/events that I can and am confident in my ability to learn and improve and would never turn down a opportunity for a match.

Were you contacted by an Aggony member?

No, I reached out myself to contact a few of you guys and have so far had the pleasure of chatting with and playing a few games with Achilles - as me and him have a fair bit in common with experience running tourneys which is one reason I contacted him.

Vaenson also directed me here to post this after I got in touch with him on steam.

Looking forward to hearing back and thanks for reading my application.

Sincerely,

Nathan Pay (Groth)

Psychic

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 10:01am

I suggest you add the more active players in aggony right now, so we can get to know you, and then we'll see i guess
Your Time Has Come!!

AggonyAchilles

Intermediate

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 10:22am

Yes, as Psy and many others will say. Make sure to add some other Aggs and get some games going with them.

Good luck with your application!
There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Psychic

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 11:29pm

i"m eagerly waiting your request :D
Your Time Has Come!!

Saturday, June 4th 2016, 8:41am

Good luck with the application, and hope to see you adding me as well. :)

Social bookmarks

Rate this thread