You are not logged in.

Saturday, September 27th 2008, 10:49am

And I still wonder how multiplayer will be addressed. Those novelties are refering more for singleplayer then anything else.

AggonyRom

Intermediate

• "AggonyRom" started this thread

Saturday, September 27th 2008, 6:20pm

I agrree brother Lion. It does look very much the same as MTW2, but then again I've always been fairly happy with the look of the games. I would seriously be happy with even the old style 2d sprites if they would just give us excellent gameplay, AI, and quick multiplayer games that don't desynch(and can log onto for that matter). In a single player game the player has to put up with way too much poor AI just to get to the really superior battles which sadly no other games provide. Script it if you have to CA. :rolleyes:

Ride with Glory! Ride with Friendship! Ride with Honour!
Ride with the Brotherhood! The Brotherhood of Aggony

AggonyOkeenan

Professional

Sunday, September 28th 2008, 1:31am

Ok guys I'm gonna reserve judgement. Yes visually it has similarities but I think thats just that its still a Total War game. They don't want to change the interface too much. I don't think that means the game engine is the same.

I focused on the way troops were interacting with terrain and especially the troops in buildings. They've certainly had to alter things to accomodate naval battles and boarding actions. So it seems to me that the pathfinding system at least must have had an upgrade. The dueling scenes seem to suggest more maneuverability in close quarters. So maybe we get more of a swirling melee than the usual hang back and slow stalk that we see at the moment.

AggonyRom

Intermediate

• "AggonyRom" started this thread

Sunday, September 28th 2008, 10:21pm

Ride with Glory! Ride with Friendship! Ride with Honour!
Ride with the Brotherhood! The Brotherhood of Aggony

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

Social bookmarks

Rate this thread