You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Brotherhood of Aggony. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, March 6th 2010, 4:38pm

Overall the game is better than ETW, It is more fluid and the battles are a lot better. No Rank and plattoon fire means units dont have a generic reload time. There is always shooting going on. The idea of bringing a historical general to the battle makes the game even better, if you take Napoleon as the french, your troops wont rout as quickly but you are 1200 gold down, whereas a General's staff will make troops run quicker but you will have more units ;).

The troops have alot better stats than ETW meaning they last longer in combat (depending on general you brought ;) ) The improved range on troops means skirmishers dont play a massive role in the game. Cavalry is also brilliant now, it plays more of a part in the game as they last longer in combat and they also kill more etc. Artillery battles make this game even better, art doesnt dominate the game but makes it more strategical, although not too happy with only being able to use round shot, canister and explosive rounds.

The maps are a lot better than ETW as well, I have played pretty much most of the maps for this game and they look and feel great. Even Grassy flatlands has been revamped and now is a little hilly and has more trees. The maps offer new ways of playing the game. On one map there is a massive hill on the side that dominates the battlefield and at the bottom there are small villages, Both teams start on facing each other at the bottom of the hill and there are pathways leading up to the hill, no one can spawn on top of the hill which means camping is alot harder. But i think that map is really tactical as you have to either separate your forces to fight on the hill and in the villages, or charge up the hill in the open and got shot to shit by cannons :D

So yeah, stop hating it and buy it :)

AggonyRom

Intermediate

• "AggonyRom" started this thread

Sunday, March 7th 2010, 12:56am

Quoted

I thing we need a team of volunteers hitmen and go to Duckys home and take this Viking CD relic by force, this is the cause of the Napoleonic dislikesSmile

Rofl Pro :D

Ride with Glory! Ride with Friendship! Ride with Honour!
Ride with the Brotherhood! The Brotherhood of Aggony

AggonySparton

Sarcasm Administrator

Wednesday, March 10th 2010, 7:31pm

Well they released a demo guys. I guess they had too many whiners :P
“You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war with all the strength God has given us. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? It is victory. Victory in spite of all terrors for without victory there is no survival."

Proteus

So say we all

Thursday, March 11th 2010, 12:32am

NTW game rules

So on NTW what rules and money you like to play guy s?

what tournaments going to play

AggonySparton

Sarcasm Administrator

Thursday, March 11th 2010, 2:31am

I like med size units but med/large funds are both ok
“You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war with all the strength God has given us. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? It is victory. Victory in spite of all terrors for without victory there is no survival."

Thursday, March 11th 2010, 8:57am

I'm downloading the demo now :D .
Fight untill the very end!!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AggonyMC" (Mar 11th 2010, 8:59am)

Thursday, March 11th 2010, 8:57am

I'm downloading the demo now :D .

EDIT: Sorry, posted twice :P .

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AggonyMC" (Mar 11th 2010, 9:00am)

AggonyOkeenan

Professional

Friday, March 12th 2010, 2:19am

My whining paid off. Yeh!!! :P

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 6:38am

Have been playing the demo for a bit, and there is not much to do at all (as expected). If all you want to do is play one type of tutorial (which is basicly the same as Empire in Napoleon form) and the Battle of Ligny, then get it. Otherwise if you are on a tight data quota limit, don't bother. I also got it just to try out the feel of Napoleon before I got it. If you have some data to use up, get it. It's good for about 2 hours of fun if that. All up I recon Napoleon is great. You'll be seeing me round soon on the Napoleon Battlefield. ;)

Reborn-Augustus

Devourer of Beer!

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 10:03am

I think its time you remove your squire and put a pain into your name MC. youhave shown the seeds of an aggony. thank you m8. :D

Im looking forward to you getting napoleon m8. good games and hard tactics will be thrown your way m8 :)
I Obey the Rose.

"History is the best medicine for a sick mind; for in history you have a record of the infinite variety of human experiences plainly set out for all to see;... and in all you find yourself an example and warning..." -Livy

Friday, March 19th 2010, 5:59am

Out of playing the demo, I love how the screen shakes when the artillery fires and the cavalry charges.

Reborn-Augustus

Devourer of Beer!

Friday, March 19th 2010, 6:26am

you know I havent noticed that shaking really, I guess cause i never zoom in on my armies :D
I Obey the Rose.

"History is the best medicine for a sick mind; for in history you have a record of the infinite variety of human experiences plainly set out for all to see;... and in all you find yourself an example and warning..." -Livy

Social bookmarks

Rate this thread