You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Brotherhood of Aggony. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

AggonyDuke

Trainee

• "AggonyDuke" started this thread

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 10:28am

New TW Title to be annouced...

Hi Guys,

Thought this may interest you- CA are annoucing the new title in about 3 weeks time- there is a hint that muskeets are going and ca are going back to 'basics'... could be shogun 2 or medieval asia tw, or the popular rome 2- not long to find out...

here is the link to the gaming website that annouced this:

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/54923/…-Unveiled-At-E3

discussion at twc

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=359590

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 10:44am

Interesting. Keep us posted on this thread. :)
Fight untill the very end!!!

AggonyDuncan

Intermediate

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 11:17am

thx Duke. I just hope it is not going to be something like this
I assume this is a joke

AggonyDuke

Trainee

• "AggonyDuke" started this thread

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 2:15pm

haha that's funny ducan ! I sure hope not.

Reborn-Augustus

Devourer of Beer!

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 6:42pm

Cant wait for them to go old style. My sword is been dusty for too long! Shields if not napoleon you better bring your arse to this my friend! :D
I Obey the Rose.

"History is the best medicine for a sick mind; for in history you have a record of the infinite variety of human experiences plainly set out for all to see;... and in all you find yourself an example and warning..." -Livy

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 11:54pm

If it is a soccer or any other ball game, it would be pretty pathetic. Imagine soccer players running round the field with rifles and some in a line regiment or mounted by cav. I don't know if the soccer councils would allow that. :P I highly doubt this would happen.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AggonyMC" (May 23rd 2010, 11:55pm)

AggonyOkeenan

Professional

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 9:20am

The Soccer idea is a definite joke based on the fact that the Australian division is working on a sports game. The British division is working on the Total War title.

Anyway the new game will almost certainly be in the Ancient period. A photograph of a Greek Corinthian Helmet came with the announcement. So I'm hoping a broad Ancient time bracket going from I don't know- The Myceneans through to the Roman Empire.

Dreams are free.

I am also really looking forward to this. Somehow more exciting than another gunpowder game. 8)

AggonyPitFire

Professional

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 5:20pm

awesome okee, i was waiting to break my phalanx back out. just as i do, you bring the war eles over my back an stampede the enemy :D :D

Reborn-Augustus

Devourer of Beer!

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 5:34pm

kinda wierd at the totalwar.com it has an hourglass that counts down from 2010 to 1908? Sparton made me aware of this. but this is also alluding to the corinithian helmet. 1908 wasw around a WW1 era. Man I hope they stick to an ancient game and not this time period. Would be lame IMO.
I Obey the Rose.

"History is the best medicine for a sick mind; for in history you have a record of the infinite variety of human experiences plainly set out for all to see;... and in all you find yourself an example and warning..." -Livy

Reborn-Augustus

Devourer of Beer!

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 5:38pm

Ok they are definitely teasing us, cause now the hourglass shows it stop at 1824, with tons of sand left. so I think we should expect an ancient game. this proves it I think. :D
I Obey the Rose.

AggonyPitFire

Professional

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 5:41pm

VIKING INVASION 2 OR AFRICA TOTALWAR

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AggonyPitFire" (May 26th 2010, 5:43pm)

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 12:07am

ahhhhhhhh! I should have got a ticket for e3 this year X(

I hope they do a shogun remake. I had enough of these muskets and cannons. Give me close range bloodbath! :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AggonyKing" (May 27th 2010, 12:07am)

AggonyOkeenan

Professional

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 6:34am

Yeh the hour glass has been steadily decreasing. It was at 1870 the other day. Some numbers geek has already determined that at the current rate of decrease by the time of the announcement it will also be bang smack in the ancient period.

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 8:52am

its down to 1824 now :D E3 starts june 2nd I believe.

http://www.totalwar.com/

AggonySparton

Sarcasm Administrator

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 7:16pm

It is curently at 1769 now for me and still barley any sand gone
“You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war with all the strength God has given us. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? It is victory. Victory in spite of all terrors for without victory there is no survival."

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 7:36pm

come on go down to like the 15th century!! lol

AggonyDuncan

Intermediate

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 9:31pm

ok. don't be too enthusiastic about the following ''news'' because it might be misleading. could be a hoax or wrong info or anything else related to that.

there is a possibility that the new TW title is going to be (don't get excited - we can't now if this is trustworthy at all) Shogun 2

I spotted it here - ccs forums.

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 9:57pm

Duncan, give us a link without the google translator :P

AggonyDuncan

Intermediate

Friday, May 28th 2010, 9:23pm

As I've wrote King I've found that ''info'' on CCS forums. However let us not assume too quickly. For example there is more info on this like here:
shogun2

I would say that until CA officially announce the new TW game title we can only speculate what it might be.

AggonyDuck

Le Grand Quack

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 10:50am

I hope it will stop at 1530, because Sengoku Jidai is and always will be the perfect setting for a Total War game. Rome could be good as well, provided that the battles are nothing like the Arcadey bullshit of RTW.

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 11:37pm

Down to 1708 now.

Marshall

Trainee

Sunday, May 30th 2010, 6:15pm

Long time no posting :P I have my money on Rome probably something around the Punic War's era :) Although with CA you never know....
"Soldiers! Do your duty! Straight to the heart but avoid the face. Fire!" Joachim Murat, Marshal of France/King of Naples (1808-1815) his last words

Sunday, May 30th 2010, 8:22pm

Yep my money's on the ancient period again. There's mega mass interest in the period, TV shows and a Roman blockbuster coming out early 2011 to stir it up. Too much to hope for a Shogun 2 but I think they'd just overcomplicate it and mess it up with too many different units anyway.
In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak, a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit.”

Monday, May 31st 2010, 1:24am

I think e3 starts on june 15, so there's plenty of time for it to keep going down! woot! :D

TheDalek

Nightmares are nocturnal horses!

Monday, May 31st 2010, 10:19am

Crimean War would be pretty interesting.

No muskets there :D

Social bookmarks

Rate this thread