You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Brotherhood of Aggony. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

S2N Mefisto

Beginner

• "S2N Mefisto" started this thread

Thursday, February 23rd 2012, 12:19pm

STW 2 Myltiplayer Foyer Activity

Guys and girls plz, if Foyer die second time,is dead for good ppl coming and checking activity and after they leave...we had a good start..whatever you are online not necessary playing any game just join..be there, it's not hard all past week i can see just Braver Shiki and few others there coming time to time and some activity during Sat and Sun,,,...regularly two week of this inactivity and foyer is dead for good.
..most of us are hardcore gamers...so when online just come on group chat..
..play classic,play Rots,skirmishing battles naval if it's 8 ppl there..start tournament right away.or if not play be there ...casting..chatting..Bombing steam community with .announcements all time bring friends..... activity activity activity make threads on every STW 2 forums.....embassy's..play ME 3 Demo just be there.... :wacko:

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "S2N Mefisto" (Feb 23rd 2012, 1:50pm)

Thursday, February 23rd 2012, 12:41pm

even when your not playing, just join and have a chat~

Thursday, February 23rd 2012, 1:22pm

I'll experiment with something for the foyer for a while. However, with more clans now more interested in the RPG fast food joint that is MM the foyer will likely die, and with, it the traditional value of the old TW community.
I'm there to retaliate to CA bullshit of removing the global chat
Join me :thumbsup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "[-TWR-]Shiki" (Feb 23rd 2012, 1:29pm)

Thursday, February 23rd 2012, 4:33pm

I pop in from time to time,From now on I'll park in the foyer.

It's nice at least to see others names,even if they're not really home.

Thursday, February 23rd 2012, 5:29pm

I like the foyer. Just gotta give time for people to catch on.

AggonyReckoner

Intermediate

Thursday, February 23rd 2012, 6:18pm

I will take it upon myself to revamp my efforts to rejuvenate the MP Foyer.

S2N Mefisto

Beginner

Thursday, February 23rd 2012, 7:35pm

I will take it upon myself to revamp my efforts to rejuvenate the MP Foyer.

Im glad to hear that Gent's music for mu ears :D

Friday, February 24th 2012, 5:41am

I try to keep it active sometimes when im on but i dont have infinite energy :(

I need the support of everyone especially my own clan to keep it active start chats/events/streaming etc.

ThePrussianPrince

Professional

Friday, February 24th 2012, 9:28am

I'd say that the biggest problem here is, in fact, Steam. The reason why it's like that is simple. It does not allow you to automatically join a group chat upon signing in, which can be frustrating for a lot of people, especially the people who log on daily like myself, and not only that but you also tend to forget to join the group chat. I'm sure that if they implement such a feature in the future, things will change, drastically.

And with that, I'm off to school. :(

S2N Mefisto

Beginner

Friday, February 24th 2012, 9:38am

I'd say that the biggest problem here is, in fact, Steam. The reason why it's like that is simple. It does not allow you to automatically join a group chat upon signing in, which can be frustrating for a lot of people, especially the people who log on daily like myself, and not only that but you also tend to forget to join the group chat. I'm sure that if they implement such a feature in the future, things will change, drastically.

And with that, I'm off to school. :(
You have point POINT but for me is easy,when i come online and about to open steam first thing is to Join Gerudo chat...and then one more click there u go:)

Friday, February 24th 2012, 11:10am

yea i think it is pretty easy, i have gotten used to joining groupchats as my steam starts up, i always have groupchats and friends list open, so yea, 6 clicks max :)

Friday, February 24th 2012, 12:32pm

I squarely put blame on CA implementation of Public chat on Steam. There is a Public chat, but it didn't work: only a handful of people can see your writing because the game doesn't broadcast public chat to all servers.

What I do now is upon loading S2, alt-tab out and join the foyer group + my clan group chats.
Has weapon of mass distraction

Sunday, March 11th 2012, 4:23am

It's been good to see Riksosten in the Foyer and he has been helping newer players to boot ! Great guy !

Come on guys,if you made the effort to click the mouse button a few times to join the Foyer,why not stay ? You don't even have to chat,I can do enough chatting for all of us.

Join in,share your wisdom,help new players,have a laugh,swap recipies,talk about other games you like or just park your name in the Foyer and be seen.

I know you all have your very own private clan chat and that mixing with the mediocrity may not be your thing,but at least do give it a try.

Sunday, March 11th 2012, 4:28am

I did give it a try but i constantly get trolled off this community, including personal insults, imitation people messing with my personal info and pictures. Had enough and will stay within the confines of my clan for a while and just play tournaments and MM.

Tonight was the final straw for me it just went too far.

Sunday, March 11th 2012, 4:51am

I'm sorry to hear that Swoosh So,there is no good reason for that kind of thing to happen...ever.

I've not seen any of that behaviour in the Foyer when I've been there.As an admin do you not have the power to do anything about it ?

Do you mean somone in chat has actually compromised your account and gained access to your personal details ?

Can we not sort this out ? That's what communities should do.

Shame really,after ten years of being an anonymous,I finally put my hand up to be counted,but everyone has fled to their own sheltered groups.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "(Darkelf) Temper" (Mar 11th 2012, 5:08am)

Sunday, March 11th 2012, 10:24am

We just need to spread the word! Make threads in the tw forum, ask people to join the chat by private message and all other things we can come up with. Communication between clan members is important, but to interact with the rest of the community can hardly hurt it. It will most likely improve it instead. I hope we can get this going for real. I will be away today so wont be there but im there most of the time :)

S2N Mefisto

Beginner

Sunday, March 11th 2012, 8:59pm

I did give it a try but i constantly get trolled off this community, including personal insults, imitation people messing with my personal info and pictures. Had enough and will stay within the confines of my clan for a while and just play tournaments and MM.

Tonight was the final straw for me it just went too far.
Why u allowed this,ban right away from chat,Foyer must be clean and comfortable for all,nobody should not be ofended :cursing:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "S2N Mefisto" (Mar 11th 2012, 9:24pm)

Sunday, March 11th 2012, 9:32pm

ya swoosh you own the foyer you know...you can ban people <_<

Sunday, March 11th 2012, 11:28pm

Id rather close it that ban anyone its against what the foyer is about, the incident i refer to occured outside the foyer and i have cleared my friends liist to clan and creative assembly only. It will remain this way for at least a few weeks till i want to be involved in the community again. Sorry but the foyer is on the back burner for me for now.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "swoosh so" (Mar 12th 2012, 12:41am)

S2N Mefisto

Beginner

Monday, March 12th 2012, 1:04am

ya swoosh you own the foyer you know...you can ban people <_<
Admin can... outside of Foyer it's generally another story...chaos.pain suffering blood...but foyer....should be sanctuary....at least i see it like that :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "S2N Mefisto" (Mar 12th 2012, 1:15am)

Monday, March 12th 2012, 3:31am

I'm glad you have sorted your situation out Swoosh. =)

I'll be honest and outright about this.Just one thing about banning.

It's good to have an open and honest forum,but that dosn't include insulting,belittleing,bullying or deflamation of others.That sort of behaviour only cripples a forum and it's community.Please remember the age and sex of the player base varies wildly and is not lmited to teenage males.

Now,although this apperantly didn't happen in the Foyer,I would like to suggest that admins take a tough stance on said behaviour,at least if they witness it.

Nobody may like a forum nazi mod,but they like having all the above mentioned things happening to them a whole lot less.If a mod/admin says stop they stop,regardless of who is right or wrong.

Having said that,last night was a pretty good showing in the Foyer and although I and my four year old get our butts handed to us left,right and centre by every man/woman and his/her dog in battlelist,it sure is fun,at least for us.

And just a heads up for people who say there is no conversation going on.....try making some convo yourself and profit,I've made quite a bunch of new friends in the Foyer. =)

See you all there

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 7:36pm

The foyer room will fail as long as MM and token system exist, and player actually value it

What I originally thought the foyer room serve is a place where people arrange quality games with each other. That is because you hear players complain about non-quality games in MM all the time, dropper, lobby dodger/blocker, redline camp, bow cav spam chicken run etc. However, somehow people value those crappy automated matches more. It's understandable as it gives you token, you get easy win most of the time, you get points toward ladder (some player know it doesn't work but still check on it anyway). The funny part is I come in foyer to see players rant about MM, wasting some 1-2 hours versus another player, and they go right back into it while there about 5-6 quality players in the room. And this is going on all the time. I come in foyer during euro evening time see many players grind away in MM by themselves

What I see Foyer room now is simply a chat room and serve no other purpose. It not like the old global lobby where people constantly seek good players to play against or arrange team games where players actually know what "team" game means.

MM is simply token grind for me and I don't care if loose in those matches or not. If you want an arrange games, always invite me as more likely i'm willing to concede any in-progress MM games to play quality matches (unless i got matched with some notorious players in MM).

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "[-TWR-]Shiki" (Mar 13th 2012, 7:44pm)

Wednesday, March 14th 2012, 9:08am

Well I don't think anyone needs to play the blame game on why,what or how,it's the way it is anymore,what's done is done.

We have the tools at our disposal to rectify the problem and have used them,a big enough player base to cover alll Shogun2 game modes and certainly more than enough bright outstanding players to lead by example,which only leaves ourselves,the community to blame if it fails.

Monday, March 19th 2012, 12:30pm

Well folks,it's been great while it lasted,but I'm off to greener pastures. =)

See you in another ten years if CA comes up with something better and the community grows up a bit.

Thanks to everyone who made the game/community bearable for the last couple of weeks.If you need room on your friends list and I'm on it,feel free to delete. =)

And a big thanks to AMP for pointing out to me just how important it is that everyone plays the game with the same rulesets/constraints no matter how good/bad you are.

Reborn-Augustus

Devourer of Beer!

Tuesday, March 20th 2012, 5:17am

I think the community is grown up its that small group that can ruin it for the individuals that get caught by its hook and dragged in.

So that said be a reptile and you shouldnt have to worry about any hooks :)
I Obey the Rose.

"History is the best medicine for a sick mind; for in history you have a record of the infinite variety of human experiences plainly set out for all to see;... and in all you find yourself an example and warning..." -Livy

Social bookmarks

Rate this thread