You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Brotherhood of Aggony. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 17th 2014, 11:30pm

I believe we just got a second 0-0 draw since tourney started. Looks like Brasil is unable to score. Taking out the goals against Croatia (not a premier team), Brasil has not scored. Although it's only 2nd game, there is a chip in Brasil's sword.

In a few minutes, we have will start another Russian-Ukranean war: Russia will be beaten and Putin will order invasion of Ukraine :D
Has weapon of mass distraction

AggonySp00n

Professional

Friday, June 20th 2014, 12:06am

Its all over for England, defense is truly shocking :(
One enemy is too many, a hundred friends too few.

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 11:38am

I dont think you can blame solely the defense, poor baines running up and down the wing pretty much on his own.. with little cover for him. should of started with lallana instead of brainless sterling, he looked like a lost chicken in the 2 games with very little composure and created very little. But I guess you can only blame the manger for picking him and keeping him on so long as he did.
-Let's Lock and Load!!

AggonySp00n

Professional

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 4:09pm

Yep we can blame the Manager for not sorting out that defense and also Captain Slowtastico for his 2 useless performances. We'd still be in had they taken Cole and Terry imo. the 2 Everton defenders looked hopeless defending and they are defenders.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AggonySp00n" (Jun 21st 2014, 4:29pm)

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 10:59pm

Dann...so close thumps up for Ghana anyway :thumbup:

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 9:58am

Yeah Ghana well played to them :) both sides completely knackered after the game 8)
-Let's Lock and Load!!

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 8:39pm

Belgium beats Russia 1-0, full scale invasion of Ukraine is expected.

AggonyRuse

Intermediate

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 7:14pm

Do you think US could have beaten England if they played?

AggonySp00n

Professional

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 8:35pm

Yes :) England were rubbish.

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 8:48pm

I am not having very high hope for USA. The goal in the 5th minute of overtime by Portugal is a very bad omen. Meanwhile, the Oranje looks real good. Now Brasil needs to win the Group A, they don't want to meet the Dutch this soon!

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 9:33pm

USA will make it out of group stage but not sure about anything else. Costa Rica looks unstoppable, same as the Dutch. Although Chile waste so many chances :) Uruguay and Argentina are still teams to watch out for, those are 2 really strong teams that are starting to get going. Even though I have the Dutch as my favorites now, my gut says a CONCACAF team wins this year.

AggonyRuse

Intermediate

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 9:41pm

Just speaks of our rising competence in this sport.

RedWarrior

Professional

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 1:27am

The dutch look very good indeed, but france is the scariest team ive seen so far.
Words are wind. Loyalty is forever.

Tinky-Yuki

Intermediate

Occupation: Cinema Projectionist (technician -- but don't ask me anything technical)

Monday, June 30th 2014, 10:43am

Yes, France are looking very strong. I was sorry to see Chile go out for I have enjoyed their games the most so far. And how about those orange Jaamey baastoerden!?

Wow.

In other news I took Leyton Orient in the Premiership in Football Manager 2014 and apart from being given £54 million by the FA in teev rights (which probably exceeds by some measure the combined total value of every player who has ever played for Leyton Orient), it is because of an average wage increase of over 300% the next game year will be quite painful.

AggonyJun

Intermediate

Monday, June 30th 2014, 12:46pm

ORANJE ole ole ole :)
I don't have a attitude problem, I have a personality you can't handle!!!

I'd like to
Offer something
To help you ....
But in the Zen School
We have "no thing"....
~~ Zen Master Ikkyu

AggonyRuse

Intermediate

Monday, June 30th 2014, 2:46pm

I admit I do not know much about football, but the Netherlands are a fun team to watch. They are like the Boston Red Sox; they're clutch.

AggonyRuse

Intermediate

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 1:17am

Just speaks of our rising competence in this sport.

Scratch that, USA was no match for Belgium. If it wasn't for Tim Howard, it would have gotten ugly.

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 4:13am

There is no shame in this, Josi Altadore still hamstrung (with only Dempsey in front, Bradley choice is limited), and Johnson was out in first 10 minutes, Belgium spotted the weakness and attacked there. Problem with USA is depth, but USA game is more exciting than I ever remember. At beginning, I thought they would be eliminated right out of group stage: Ghana and Portugal usually passed group stage and Germany is always a powerhouse.

Next Friday has exciting match: France vs. Germany.

Tinky-Yuki

Intermediate

Occupation: Cinema Projectionist (technician -- but don't ask me anything technical)

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 9:35am

Oh yeah, I'm going to put that game on the big screen here at work. If any of you guys want to bowl 'round you'll be very welcome.

Password to get in will be :

Aggony.

AggonyRuse

Intermediate

Thursday, July 3rd 2014, 7:41pm

Friday, July 4th 2014, 5:22am

The middle one is so true. Twice pregnant.

ps.: France is out now. Let's see how Brasil goes. Something tells me there will be a wave of suicides in Brasil this evening...
pss: Neymar is out with spine injury, Goalie, captain Silva are serving yellow cards. Germany's stars are aligned.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "AggonyJade" (Jul 5th 2014, 5:54am)

Tinky-Yuki

Intermediate

Tuesday, July 8th 2014, 9:19pm

2-0 is the opinion of my local expert.

Nach Deutchsland, obvs.

Tuesday, July 8th 2014, 10:36pm

just terrible :/

Tuesday, July 8th 2014, 10:43pm

Just completely nuts 0-5 after 30 minutes.. 8|
-Let's Lock and Load!!

Tuesday, July 8th 2014, 10:46pm

It's a bloodbath. Brasil lineup is not deep enough to overcome the loss of three or four key players.

Social bookmarks

Rate this thread