You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Brotherhood of Aggony. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reborn-Augustus

Devourer of Beer!

• "Reborn-Augustus" started this thread

Thursday, August 13th 2015, 6:07am

The games thread

Well its that time again that everyone voice there opinion and show some love to that certain game they like to play.

For my favorite atm its Magic: Origins.

I see a lot of you in different games and such lets share the love.
I Obey the Rose.

"History is the best medicine for a sick mind; for in history you have a record of the infinite variety of human experiences plainly set out for all to see;... and in all you find yourself an example and warning..." -Livy

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Reborn-Augustus" (Aug 13th 2015, 6:18am)

AggonyDuck

Le Grand Quack

Thursday, August 13th 2015, 8:58am

I'm personally waiting for Pillars of Eternity: White March (expansion) to start a new game in Pillars of Eternity. It is a wonderful RPG in the mold of Baldur's Gate, with great game mechanics and some excellent writing to boot.

Also I still have an ongoing Football Manager 2015 save with Rochdale AFC in the English League. I managed to get from League One to the Premier League in three seasons and now I'm competing for European qualification positions in 2025. The idea with the save has been to keep wages low, train and buy promising youngsters and sell them on when their wage demands become unreasonable. We've remained competitive in the Premier League for seven seasons, albeit we've never broken into the top four. We have great facilities, a new stadium, good coaches and lots of homegrown players. We also have the healthiest bank balance in the league. The challenge is to really kick on and start challenging for the title, while having a wage budget that's only a third of our competitors.

AggonySp00n

Professional

Thursday, August 13th 2015, 12:06pm

I'm still working my way through Witcher 3, its a total masterpiece tbh so have been taking my time. done about 95 hours so far and dont think im close to finishing.

After that who knows I have so many unfinished or unplayed games on steam and gog though.
One enemy is too many, a hundred friends too few.

AggonyDuck

Le Grand Quack

Thursday, August 13th 2015, 1:43pm

Yeah, I'm looking to play the Witcher 3 again as well once the expansion set arrives. Still need to play the game through with a Yennefer romance.

Thursday, August 13th 2015, 3:12pm

StarCraft 2, Arena, Dota, Heroes of the Storm, Europa Universalis 4, Crusader Kings 2. Those are the games I'm playing (or want to play) currently.

Reborn-Augustus

Devourer of Beer!

Friday, August 14th 2015, 6:04am

I guess I could of gave some feedback on Magic: Origins. Its free to play you gain gold through the campaign or online battles to unlock more gold to buy booster packs that add to your card collection. You can buy gold with real money if you wish to get a head start. You can build any type of deck you want, build combos, etc. Also 2v2 is back or 2headed giant :) Its very strategic and worth the time as it makes you think...

Oh sorry for this but I have to Hearthstone sucks compared to this game its pretty much a new made up game ripping off the simplistic form of magic. Magic is very much more complex. ;) and let the hate come I will take it and not scared :P
I Obey the Rose.

"History is the best medicine for a sick mind; for in history you have a record of the infinite variety of human experiences plainly set out for all to see;... and in all you find yourself an example and warning..." -Livy

Monday, August 17th 2015, 12:15pm

I played Witcher 3 as well and it was amazing. One of the best singleplayer games I ever played. Only downside for me was lack of challenge in the later stages of the game. It feels like the npc's don't keep up with the charakter leveling up very well and the game overall feels easier than Witcher 2.

Tinky-Yuki

Intermediate

Occupation: Cinema Projectionist (technician -- but don't ask me anything technical)

Monday, August 17th 2015, 1:52pm

I'm still trying to finish XCOM (Long War mod 15.e) in Ironman mode. Brutal difficulty.

It's so hard and frustrating and heart breaking that I feel like I'm married.

Reborn-Augustus

Devourer of Beer!

Wednesday, August 19th 2015, 2:39am

I have witcher 1. Should I play them in order or can I go to witcher 3 and enjoy it regardless of the past installments?
I Obey the Rose.

AggonyDuck

Le Grand Quack

Wednesday, August 19th 2015, 12:15pm

I would definitely play Witcher 2 before playing Witcher 3, just to understand the world and the story better. Alternatively you can read Andrej Sapkowski's novels and short stories to get to know the story. Witcher 1 is the game I would avoid playing, mostly because it was the company's first effort and it shows. I loved Witcher 1 myself, but if you wanted to skip a title of the series, that's the one you want to skip.

Of course you can go straight to Witcher 3, if you are not overly fussed with the story and just want to explore a great world.

Reborn-Augustus

Devourer of Beer!

Wednesday, August 19th 2015, 6:38pm

dang I ask now of all times when the summer event is gone lol just my luck
I Obey the Rose.

AggonyAchilles

Intermediate

Wednesday, August 19th 2015, 8:24pm

At the moment I'm playing Starcraft II, Dota 2, Total War: Arena and Heroes of the Storm.

I want to go hard in either Dota 2 or Heroes of the Storm, but I can't decide between the 2 really :/
There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

AggonyDuck

Le Grand Quack

Friday, August 21st 2015, 11:21am

I managed to finish the season with Rochdale winning both the Premier League and the Europa League. I'll do a more detailed write up, mainly because it was a great season and wonderful way to culminate a long-term Football Manager save.

Reborn-Augustus

Devourer of Beer!

Sunday, September 6th 2015, 6:59am

have to say I have been enjoying witcher the combat is fine I think just click the mouse as long as your facing your oppononent. if not then stun everyone and get a good run around. no problem. I will find my way through the series. thanks mates.

btw anyone else interested in a little magic play?
I Obey the Rose.

Reborn-Augustus

Devourer of Beer!

Friday, September 11th 2015, 1:56am

cool I just snatched up witcher 2 for $2.49 I will wait to buy witcher 3 as im sure it will take me a while to finish both the first and second :thumbup:
I Obey the Rose.

AggonyDuck

Le Grand Quack

Friday, September 11th 2015, 5:54am

Yeah, but once you get there you get to play it fully patched up and with all sorts of new content. :)

AggonySp00n

Professional

Friday, September 11th 2015, 11:31am

I didnt finish Witcher or Witcher 2 go about 3/4 in both. 3 is a masterpiece its a stunning RPG tbh.

Its all Diablo 3 for me atm playing season 4 on the new patch with wizard. Its amazing how much the game has changed since launch, its really great atm. Well worth another look if you have it, the addon made it great and the latest patch adds a new area and new cube powers.
One enemy is too many, a hundred friends too few.

Sunday, September 13th 2015, 3:18am

Currently playing the new Metal Gear Solid when I have some free time :D

Reborn-Augustus

Devourer of Beer!

Sunday, September 13th 2015, 6:42am

I really want to play phantom pain... but I know if I start that I wont play any other game..... oh the dilemma. You enjoying it so far King? A friend of mine at work like it a whole lot.
I Obey the Rose.

Sunday, September 13th 2015, 6:23pm

Send help, can't stop playing it...

Reborn-Augustus

Devourer of Beer!

Monday, February 29th 2016, 5:23am

mehh gahh cant breath so much cobwebs.....ok finally I broke free an been playing pillars of eternity such a delight! been enjoying the game a lot. I love the extra's and to build your stronghold is extra sweet. Did I mention great difficulty, well when you think you're doing great you get slapped with a tough battle. its ok I leave then come back and kill it. lots of fun. totally recommend to you solo RPG players out there.
I Obey the Rose.

AggonyDuck

Le Grand Quack

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 5:31pm

Fun to hear that you've enjoyed it as well. It is a really great rpg and one you can't really powergame through as nearly all builds and parties can work, provided that you adjust your tactics to each encounter. :)

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 5:55pm

Good that there aren't many good games, I don't have time to play anymore :D
Has weapon of mass distraction

Sunday, March 13th 2016, 4:00am

You can find me on majorcommand.com playing Risk under the username "jonahgrandstrom" If any of you ever played the board game risk then you will love this site. I play "real time" with 3 or 5 minute turns but you can play games with "24 hour" turns as well. It is a bit buggy but completely playable. I would advise using internet explorer because I seem to get the following bug less often using IE: If you cannot see your armies on the screen you need to refresh your webpage and not scroll while it reloads.

It is most popular for its 24 hour turn games but you can find a real time battle at most times of the day but may have to wait a few minutes for it to fill up. The most popular battle you will find is 4 player on the regular map with 5 minute turns and escalating cards which means the cards go up in value quickly. These battles last about 1 to 1.5 hours. The other popular game is 1v1 on the regular map with 5 minute turns and escalating cards. These last about 20 minutes to half an hour. Whenever I see a game with a different format than these two I always join it and sometimes I will host a battle with a different format and wait for it to fill up. But like I said most people play the 24 hour turn games so real time games can be a bit slow to fill up. You can almost always find a 4 player or 1v1 battle though.

Edit:
Personally i like 6 player, regular map, and escalite (they escalate in value but much more slowly) A battle with this format can easily take 4+ hours to finish though. I also like the 12 kingdoms custom map. It's hard to fill up anything other than the 2 game formats i mentioned earlier but i try sometimes and get a few interesting battles with other formats now and again. There is a lot they could do to improve the game (for example if a player who is not playing his very first game goes AFK it takes 3 turns before it sits him out) and (5 minute turns are necessary, even though i would prefer 3 minute turns, because the game can be a bit buggy and freeze up and require refreshing and reloading the page and it can be hard to get all your moves off in time at the end game stages) but it is the best option for real time risk on the internet right now and i enjoy it.

It's great because i love the laid back way you can play it and listen to music, browse the internet, watch videoa and go AFK for perioda of time without affecting your game.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Jonah" (Mar 13th 2016, 5:22am)

AggonyAchilles

Intermediate

Thursday, March 17th 2016, 12:17am

You can find me on majorcommand.com playing Risk under the username "jonahgrandstrom" If any of you ever played the board game risk then you will love this site. I play "real time" with 3 or 5 minute turns but you can play games with "24 hour" turns as well. It is a bit buggy but completely playable. I would advise using internet explorer because I seem to get the following bug less often using IE: If you cannot see your armies on the screen you need to refresh your webpage and not scroll while it reloads.

It is most popular for its 24 hour turn games but you can find a real time battle at most times of the day but may have to wait a few minutes for it to fill up. The most popular battle you will find is 4 player on the regular map with 5 minute turns and escalating cards which means the cards go up in value quickly. These battles last about 1 to 1.5 hours. The other popular game is 1v1 on the regular map with 5 minute turns and escalating cards. These last about 20 minutes to half an hour. Whenever I see a game with a different format than these two I always join it and sometimes I will host a battle with a different format and wait for it to fill up. But like I said most people play the 24 hour turn games so real time games can be a bit slow to fill up. You can almost always find a 4 player or 1v1 battle though.

Edit:
Personally i like 6 player, regular map, and escalite (they escalate in value but much more slowly) A battle with this format can easily take 4+ hours to finish though. I also like the 12 kingdoms custom map. It's hard to fill up anything other than the 2 game formats i mentioned earlier but i try sometimes and get a few interesting battles with other formats now and again. There is a lot they could do to improve the game (for example if a player who is not playing his very first game goes AFK it takes 3 turns before it sits him out) and (5 minute turns are necessary, even though i would prefer 3 minute turns, because the game can be a bit buggy and freeze up and require refreshing and reloading the page and it can be hard to get all your moves off in time at the end game stages) but it is the best option for real time risk on the internet right now and i enjoy it.

It's great because i love the laid back way you can play it and listen to music, browse the internet, watch videoa and go AFK for perioda of time without affecting your game.

I LOVE RISK! I'll check it out!
There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

Social bookmarks

Rate this thread